Sneak Peek to their big day
Photographer: More than and Image
Coordinator: Kelly Kennedy Events
Flowers: Flowers by Nino
Linens: Linens by Lisa
Makeup and hair: Thalio Beckham
Cake: Edible Designs By Jessie
Seamstress: Kristin Johnson Bridal
Transportation: Original Trolley Co.
Dj and lighting: LG entertainment
Reception: Crystal Ballroom
Stationary: Isabella invitations
Dress: Weddings by Debbie
Ready to get started ?
We would love to be a part of your big day whether it is wedding planning or coordinating :)
I actually can't believe its 2016 already! 2015 was full of so much excitement and such beautiful events that it makes me even more excited to see how 2016 plays out for Kelly Kennedy Events
We are just a few short days away from my birthday ... haha
I mean ... the FIRST wedding of 2016 for Kelly Kennedy Events!!
I am so excited for Cat & Daniel's wedding , as it will be the first wedding of 2016 out at the amazing Big Sky Barn in Montgomery Tx. ! As one of the preferred vendors at the venue I have been working extra closely with the Big Sky Barn owners to make sure that their wedding day will be nothing but fabulous ;)
Since I can't share their wedding photos yet... Take a moment to gaze at the incredible sunset and dreamy film photos caught by Karinda K at their recent engagement session on Lake Conroe in Montgomery Tx.
Ready to start planning the wedding of your dreams?
Contact us now to learn more!
We are currently booking 2016 & 2017!
Kate Spade-Esque Wedding Inspiration
I could not of been more excited when I found out the amazing styled shoot I put together with amazing vendors had been featured in Bespoke Bride !!
I loved everything about dreaming up this shoot, as it was full of color and lots of originality.
Lucky for me I network, work and am friends with some of the most amazing vendors around. Each one of us are small businesses in a huge industry, so being featured in a internationally known blog in the wedding industry created over the moon excitement for us.
I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did dreaming it up!
Feel Free to check out the blog feature and then scroll down to learn a little bit more of what all went into this amazing shoot.
I first envisioned this shoot based solely off of the magnificent dress designed by Natalie Harris of Damsel White Label. It screamed to be the center of a polished, sophisticated Kate Spade-esque wedding. Every element of the shoot was dripping in Local Vendor details and personal vintage modern details. It’s Kate spade glamour meets Texas’ creative vendors. The shoot was styled and photographed at Moffitt Oaks Ballroom , a premier picturesque countryside wedding and private event venue nestled in Tomball Texas.
Karinda Kinsler of Designs by Karinda used her expertise in natural light photography and keen attention to detail to vividly and beautifully portray each vendor's collaboration in this one of a kind shoot.
The bride wore the unique strapless black and white striped ball gown, and one-of-a kind fingertip veil, with black edging created exclusively for the shoot by Damsel White Label. The dress was pulled together with a rose gold belt also created by Damsel White Label to give the dress a sophisticated yet glamorous vibe. The groom wore a black suit, and a black satin tie, to give that Kate Spade meets Kenneth Cole vibe.
The bride was adorned with the beautiful pearl and swarovski pieces designed and created exclusively by Amanda Badgley of Amanda Badgley Designs. Allison Hughes of Allison Hughes Specialties airbrushed and glamorized the beautiful bride. She kept her hair swept half way up and established a sophisticated look by showcasing her eyes.
Striking Stems draped the Ceremony site with beautiful ivory sheers from Events to Remember and then created a unique flower chandelier using beautiful blooms in bold colors which hung above bride and groom. The bride's bouquet was hand tied with peonies, anemones , and billy balls. The florals were a bold contrast to the dramatic dress, establishing a unique yet modern twist.
The ballroom was dressed in gold sequin linens by Events to Remember, and plush ivory chairs. Tables were set with beautiful glass plates, hand stamped “bride and groom” forks by Amanda Badgley Designs, and bride and groom had “mismatched” chargers, the bride white, the groom black. The napkins were hand tied in bows and tied with black and white ribbons.
The centerpieces were adorned with small single stems in mismatched vases, gold candles, and a towering flowering vase.
The stationery suite was hand designed exclusively by Joanna Kenney of Jo’s Paper Kitche. The invitation featured a beautiful black and white iridescent finish, matte envelope and beautiful 3-d pink bow. The menu and escort card featured hot pink type and black and white details.
The cakes by Tara Little of Bavarian Cakery and Chocolate Encore were set on display using a beautiful black sequin linen, and featured a 4 tier fondant cake, with gold polka dots black stripes,hand painted flowers, fondant pearl accents, and hand crafted sugar peonies. The magnificent cake was surrounded by dessert shooters filled with whip cream and strawberries, The table showcased handmade macaroons, rock candy , and hand piped cupcakes.
The bar, featured glassware by Kelly Kennedy Events. Each vintage glass piece was previously owned by my grandparents, adding to the sophisticated vintage vibe on a modern event. The whiskey, perfect for the groom, was showcased in a bevel crystal decanter and served in in cut crystal glasses. The bride's choice drink was a classic pink cosmopolitan, served in martini glasses garnished with bright magenta rock candy, displayed on a beverage cart.
The fireplace was styled using bright fresh blooms, unique bottle vases, modern gold prints, gold candles, and my grandparents vintage candlestick holders . The design for the fireplace, was a play on a sophisticated , cocktail party feel, mixed with modern charm.
Overall the shoot was a blending of local vendors whom shared the one vision to execute a modern sophisticated designer inspired shoot with my own classic modern swag. :)
I hope you love it as much as we do!
Leave a comment below and tell me what you think!
Not sure what style or theme you want to use for your big day?
Maybe you have your style or colors picked out, but not sure how to make it "your own" ?
Contact us now!
I'd love to help you create and execute your own personal style for your big day!
I hope everyone has been having a fabulous week!
I am so sorry in the delay of this post! Had a few minor technology issues this week.
If you missed our earlier blog the Top Things to do after Getting Engaged, go ahead and check it out here.
Top Things NOT to do After Getting Engaged
1. DON’T announce your engagement on social media…. WAIT?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?! Ok lets reword that ... DON'T announce your engagement BEFORE telling your closest friends and family. With technology making it so easy to share every second of your life with the world, sometimes we forget that those who care about us the most want to feel close to you at such an exciting time in your life. Don’t hate me now, I promise you can share it, in fact if you remember the previous blog I said the 1st thing was TO SHARE. Right after he pops the question, feel free to take some time to hold on to this moment together. Then when you are ready, whether its 2 days or 2.5 seconds after that ring is slipped on your finger hop in the car and go visit, or whip out your phone and call, text, those close family and friends. Trust me they will love you for it. Then go ahead and proceed with step 1 of the do’s.
2. DON’T buy your dress… YET... Yes I said it. Right after he pops the question your instinct may be to go to the closest dress shop and pick out the first dress that you get tears over. While in the end that dress MIGHT be the dress you walk down the aisle in. It many times won’t be. I know you want to go there first, but before you have decided on your budget, date/season, venue, or feel of your wedding day you will want to hold back your urge. TRUST ME! (When you do decide to go shopping for your wedding dress, bring that wedding planner along ;))
3. DON’T start purchasing. I know what you are thinking. “Who is this lady, and why is she spoiling all my fun”. Don’t hate, I promise I’ve got your back J. I love a good wedding shopping extravaganza but until you have decided the style for your big day, and your budget you don’t want to spend any money on things that won’t help enhance your big day! Plus it will give you extra money to splurge on things that you really want for your wedding day!
4. DON’T just talk wedding to your friends! Your friends love you, they are over the moon excited for you and they have opinions on all the things they think you should do for your big day, but trust me you don’t want to turn your friendship to only wedding talk from now to your big day. Instead hire a wedding planner! We LOVE talking wedding details and dreams. In fact we live for your details! The one person who will never get tired of talking wedding trends, styles, ideas and details IS YOUR WEDDING PLANNER! Do delegate and let them be a part of the process, whether it's helping you stuff invitations or going with you to decide on decor , or running an errand don't demand but do let them be a part of the process.
5. DON’T get overwhelmed! Yes, there is a lot to do to plan a wedding, but it doesn’t all need to be done the day or week after you get engaged. Remember the list of things to do after getting engaged, specifically #4? A wedding planner’s job is to keep you stress FREE and help streamline the many decisions that will be made through the wedding planning process.
6. DON’T forget about your fiancé! He may be super involved and excited or maybe not at all. But what he is super EXCITED about is YOU!!! Make sure you spend time not wedding planning ::GASP:: and just enjoying being engaged to your one true love
7. DON’T exclude your mom/dad/brother/sister/aunt. Who ever is your really important family member! Remember this is a super exciting and life changing event unfolding and she wants to be a part of it! No that doesn’t mean they are going to take over, they just want to enjoy all the fun!
8. DON’T rule out a wedding planner!! I know you want to DIY, or you have that aunt/mom/sis/cousin etc that SAID she could do it all, but don’t you want to enjoy this process? Don’t you want them to enjoy your big day? Hiring a wedding planner is the best choice for guaranteeing a fabulous wedding day. Think it won’t fit the budget? Guess again, wedding planners MORE than pay for themselves in the amount of money you can save by using vendors that come recommended by them. Your wedding planner has already found and works with the best, and because of this these vendors offer discounts to your wedding planners brides!
9. DON’T forget to have fun! That’s right; don’t forget that this time of your life is a super special time in you and your fiancés life that can’t be replicated! Enjoy it! Show off that ring, send some texts with the word fiancé, and bask in your engagement!
10. DON’T stop following our blog. I know you are thinking I squashed all the “fun” with this post, I promise I LOVE every single little tiny detail and aspect of YOUR wedding planning. I just want to make sure you have the MOST FABULOUS day ever!!
Ready to start your planning the right way? Contact us now!
I can't wait to talk wedding with you!
I hope that you all have a Fabulous Friday!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter for more fabulous planning tips
Happy Planning :)
With summer really heating up , and the 4th of July this past weekend there's a high chance that your sweetie pie decided to "pop the question", and we couldn't be more excited!
So Congratulations you are engaged!! The rush of excitement is surging and quite possibly the anticipation is over! Gosh this is such an exciting time!! Did your significant other ask you during the fireworks? Was it at your favorite restaurant? In front of all your family and friends? Was it just the two of you? Seriously though I LOVE engagements as much as I LOVE the wedding! So share the details! :)
This blog post is going to come to you in parts.
Things TO DO after getting engaged
Things NOT TO DO after getting engaged
Since I know you are dying to know what you should do after getting engaged I'll start there.
Top 10 things TO DO after getting engaged
1. SHARE!!! Let your close friends and family know! :)
If you like blast it on Facebook or InstaGram (tag us too!! we want to see!)
It's DEFINITELY ok to share you and your fiance's big news! Plus use the word fiance a few times, trust me it's weird at first, you might even giggle but its super fun!
2. Start thinking about what season or date you want to have your wedding.
Consider the time of year you want your big day to happen. It's okay not to have an exact date picked out. Deciding on what time of year you want can be one of the biggest hurdles. Consider the length of your engagement when deciding your season or date ;) .
3. Decide your BUDGET!!
I can't stress this enough! Whether you are your fiance are footing the whole bill, or one or more families are contributing decide what your overall budget is BEFORE spending a dime. If family will be contributing money, sit down and discuss how it will be handled. Maybe your parent's want to contribute to dress, or your aunt wants to contribute X amount of dollars towards floral. Whatever the amount of money is make sure you know!
4. Hire a wedding planner!
A wedding planner can help manage your budget, keep you on track/focused and help you save money! Remember #3 your budget? Trust me you need to have it, and a wedding planner will keep you to it! Do you like to save money? Who are we kidding, everyone loves to save money, even if it means you can use that saved money on something more exciting that you want, like a longer honeymoon, or that second pair or shoes for your reception you are already checking out at Nordstorms. Wedding Planner's come in all forms, from wedding concierge services, full planning , partial planning, to even wedding coordination. No matter what capacity you choose to have your wedding planner involved in, they are worth their weight in gold, and you won't be disappointed.
5. Decide your 3 most important parts to your wedding ceremony and reception.
Aside from the most important reason for this celebration (you and your fiance) what elements of your wedding are the most important? Decide the 3 most important elements of your big day whether it be the photography (my favorite) , the decor, or the food decide the top three things. Think about what is the most reflective of you and your fiance, maybe you are really into music, or have a love for sushi decide what it is and stick to it. Not sure what to put on your list of top 3 ? Make photography one of them, trust me, you won't regret it.
6. Decide the "theme" or look you want your wedding to convey.
Deciding this will help you stay on track, and keep your wedding nothing short of amazing.
Your "theme" does not need to be one you have seen before, think about what you and your fiance like, what decor you gravitate towards, what is reflective of you both as a couple to steer you towards your overall wedding look.
Whether you see bling, bows or feathers, cascading floral arrangements, lace, boots, or travel, decide what kind of feel you want your day to convey and stick to it ;).
7. Start compiling a guest list / count.
This won't be the only time you have to create your list, but it's crucial to your budget and venue to know approximately how many people you plan on including in your celebration.
8. Pick your venue!
Now I know you were hoping I was going to say pick your dress, but I did NOT :) . Far to often brides pick their dress before their venue, only to find themselves realizing it doesn't match the feel they desire from their venue. Do you dream of a ceremony in your family chapel, a reception in a beautiful ballroom, a fabulous vineyard, a Tuscan courtyard, a rustic barn, or the city's swankiest hotel? Whatever your venue dream is don't lose site of your budget. Remember #2 and #6? Yes the season and your "theme" can definitely play into what style of venue you pick. Do you want an outside ceremony? Does the venue have a Plan B in case of weather ? If you did #4 and hired your wedding planner, she can go with you on venue visits and help keep the season, theme, and your budget in mind while deciding the perfect venue.
9. Have fun!
Yes, you are supposed to ENJOY your engagement! Have a date night just you and your new fiance. Spend time enjoying this new stage of your relationship. This time is so special and so unique in your relationship, it should be spent enjoying each other and not stressing :) Marriage is a big deal, and your wedding is an exciting celebration of the next chapter of your lives together, but don't forget to spend this time loving one another while wedding planning :)
10. Check back to read our next blog on the top things NOT to do after getting engaged.
Yep you read that right :) follow these first 10 steps and you are well on your way to a wedding day nothing short of SPECTACULAR!!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter for more fabulous planning tips!
Have a Marvelous Monday!
Happy 4th of July Weekend!
I am so excited to finally jump into Bloggin' :)
I can't wait to share some of the amazing things that are going on at Kelly Kennedy Events! There are so many things that are in the works this wonderful month of JULY! :)
My goal is to share the amazing weddings that I have the wonderful opportunity of executing for the amazing KKE couples, share the fabulous thing happening in the world of wedding and most of all keep you stress free by blogging about the things that matter most to you!
Have something you want me to include in a blog?
Leave a comment below and I'll be sure to do so!
Wishing you a safe and fabulous 4th!