I hope everyone has been having a fabulous week!
I am so sorry in the delay of this post! Had a few minor technology issues this week.
If you missed our earlier blog the Top Things to do after Getting Engaged, go ahead and check it out here.
Top Things NOT to do After Getting Engaged
1. DON’T announce your engagement on social media…. WAIT?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?! Ok lets reword that ... DON'T announce your engagement BEFORE telling your closest friends and family. With technology making it so easy to share every second of your life with the world, sometimes we forget that those who care about us the most want to feel close to you at such an exciting time in your life. Don’t hate me now, I promise you can share it, in fact if you remember the previous blog I said the 1st thing was TO SHARE. Right after he pops the question, feel free to take some time to hold on to this moment together. Then when you are ready, whether its 2 days or 2.5 seconds after that ring is slipped on your finger hop in the car and go visit, or whip out your phone and call, text, those close family and friends. Trust me they will love you for it. Then go ahead and proceed with step 1 of the do’s.
2. DON’T buy your dress… YET... Yes I said it. Right after he pops the question your instinct may be to go to the closest dress shop and pick out the first dress that you get tears over. While in the end that dress MIGHT be the dress you walk down the aisle in. It many times won’t be. I know you want to go there first, but before you have decided on your budget, date/season, venue, or feel of your wedding day you will want to hold back your urge. TRUST ME! (When you do decide to go shopping for your wedding dress, bring that wedding planner along ;))
3. DON’T start purchasing. I know what you are thinking. “Who is this lady, and why is she spoiling all my fun”. Don’t hate, I promise I’ve got your back J. I love a good wedding shopping extravaganza but until you have decided the style for your big day, and your budget you don’t want to spend any money on things that won’t help enhance your big day! Plus it will give you extra money to splurge on things that you really want for your wedding day!
4. DON’T just talk wedding to your friends! Your friends love you, they are over the moon excited for you and they have opinions on all the things they think you should do for your big day, but trust me you don’t want to turn your friendship to only wedding talk from now to your big day. Instead hire a wedding planner! We LOVE talking wedding details and dreams. In fact we live for your details! The one person who will never get tired of talking wedding trends, styles, ideas and details IS YOUR WEDDING PLANNER! Do delegate and let them be a part of the process, whether it's helping you stuff invitations or going with you to decide on decor , or running an errand don't demand but do let them be a part of the process.
5. DON’T get overwhelmed! Yes, there is a lot to do to plan a wedding, but it doesn’t all need to be done the day or week after you get engaged. Remember the list of things to do after getting engaged, specifically #4? A wedding planner’s job is to keep you stress FREE and help streamline the many decisions that will be made through the wedding planning process.
6. DON’T forget about your fiancé! He may be super involved and excited or maybe not at all. But what he is super EXCITED about is YOU!!! Make sure you spend time not wedding planning ::GASP:: and just enjoying being engaged to your one true love
7. DON’T exclude your mom/dad/brother/sister/aunt. Who ever is your really important family member! Remember this is a super exciting and life changing event unfolding and she wants to be a part of it! No that doesn’t mean they are going to take over, they just want to enjoy all the fun!
8. DON’T rule out a wedding planner!! I know you want to DIY, or you have that aunt/mom/sis/cousin etc that SAID she could do it all, but don’t you want to enjoy this process? Don’t you want them to enjoy your big day? Hiring a wedding planner is the best choice for guaranteeing a fabulous wedding day. Think it won’t fit the budget? Guess again, wedding planners MORE than pay for themselves in the amount of money you can save by using vendors that come recommended by them. Your wedding planner has already found and works with the best, and because of this these vendors offer discounts to your wedding planners brides!
9. DON’T forget to have fun! That’s right; don’t forget that this time of your life is a super special time in you and your fiancés life that can’t be replicated! Enjoy it! Show off that ring, send some texts with the word fiancé, and bask in your engagement!
10. DON’T stop following our blog. I know you are thinking I squashed all the “fun” with this post, I promise I LOVE every single little tiny detail and aspect of YOUR wedding planning. I just want to make sure you have the MOST FABULOUS day ever!!
Ready to start your planning the right way? Contact us now!
I can't wait to talk wedding with you!
I hope that you all have a Fabulous Friday!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter for more fabulous planning tips
Happy Planning :)